We have three words for you. Back. To. School.
If you have school age kids, this time of year can be very hectic and stressful. Moms now have to get everyone back into school mode. Now it’s all about getting to bed early, back to school hair cuts, shopping for new shoes for school, getting school supplies from a list that seems to go on forever. Yup, back to school time can send the stress meter into overdrive.
Let us help take some of the stress away. Our FIT4MOM Greater Northwest Chicago Suburbs Village Moms shared THEIR favorite back to school must haves with us. This top 10 list is from moms and kid approved to help take the guesswork out of your back to school prep, mama.
Top 10 Back to School Must Haves
- Insulated thermos/food jar(some of our moms love the Thermos Fountainer 10 Ounce Food Jar to keep hot foods hot for school lunches)
- Insulated reusable water bottle(the Thermos Fountainer Bottle is a favorite among many of our moms)
- Reusable lunch box(we hear great things about Bento Lunch Boxes, as they minimizes waste and has a compartment for every lunch item)
- Backpack with a chest strap
- Book bound notebooks
- Tear-resistant folders
- Slim ice packs(Fit & Fresh Cool Coolers are thin and fit into a lunch bag without added bulk)
- Portable monthly calendar – digital or paper booklet(Google Shared Calendar allows you to share important school dates with family members in a joint calendar)
- School phone number and teacher email in your cell phone contacts
- At least 6-8 hours of sleep on school nights